Birth Certificate as per Passport
It is mandatory to register birth of a child within 14 days under the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act, 1886. Birth Certificate should be obtained from Registrar of Births under whose jurisdiction the birth occurred. However, those who did not register the birth and require a birth certificate, may apply to the Consulate for 'Certification of Date of Birth' as entered in the passport.
Former nationals applying for Certification of Date of Birth must provide original and copy of Indian passport.
Fee once paid will not refunded even when the service is not approved.
We encourage receiving the Applications through post. Applications received through post will be serviced in 3-5 business days.
- Completed application form for "Birth Certificate as per Passport" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
- Copy of valid Visa/Green Card for Indian citizens and for other citizens of Indian origin attach a copy of their OCI card/PIO card/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement)
- Fee $25 and $2 for ICWF.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.