Attestation for Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
Attestation of Passport copy for Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
Consular Officer reserves the right to reject attestation of documents which are objectionable or contrary to the rules.
Due to large number of requests being received from Indian community members who are in the US on valid B1/B2 visa, attestation of copies of valid Indian passport would be rendered by the Consulate for Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) purpose. The purpose of obtaining such attestation must be clearly mentioned in the applicantion for miscellaneous services.
We encourage receiving the Applications through post. Applications received through post will be serviced in 3-5 business days.
- Completed application form for "Attestation for Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages). Each copy should be in a separate paper.
- Copy of valid Visa/Green Card.
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
- Fee $10 per attestation and $2 for ICWF per application.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a separate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.